Monsoon is the season that brings happiness to our life as it makes the environment cool after the hot and scorching sun rays during the summer. But, even after having the cool splash of monsoon rain, there are some flaws and negative effects from which you need to protect yourself. There are certain health risks that are brought by monsoon from which people needs to be really careful.
- If desired to eat road side food, the rainy season isn’t the time to indulge. Water and raw vegetables are not hygienic during the monsoon.
- Try to avoid walking through rainy water. It can lead to numerous fungal diseases of the feet and heels.
- Keep the items like Umbrella, rain coat etc when you are going out.
- Take moderately hot food and drinks in this monsoon.
- Stop children from playing in the rain and rainy water.
- Dry your feet when they get wet.
- Avoid colds and coughs by keeping your body moderately hot and dry.
- If you suffer from asthma or diabetes, avoid residing any place with wet walls. It encourages the development of fungus and can be especially hurtful.
- Drink herbal teas, particularly those with antibacterial properties.
- Get yourself vaccinated for monsoon-related ailments like hepatitis. Fever is a serious health problem during the monsoons and do not ignore it, if it lasts for more than two days. Remember, prevention is better than cure.
- According to ayurveda, heavy exercising should be avoided in monsoon. The body needs only light walks and yoga during this time.
- It is best to wear loose cotton clothes and use anti-fungal talcum powder in areas prone to fungal infections. Humidity and dampness results in fungal infections. Dampness can lead to skin problems and athlete’s foot. So, take bath at least twice a day to keep infections at bay.
- Use insect repellents, disinfectants to stay away from mosquitoes, flies, cockroaches, and termites. You can also try house-hold options like dried neem leaves, camphor, or cloves.
Monsoon is a season to sit back at home, read a book, listen to music sip a coffee and indulge in some yummy cake. That reminds us, if you want to pamper yourself or your loved one with lip-smacking cakes then get in touch with us at www.justcakespune.com or you can also call us on +919595335522